Congratulations to the painting giveaway benefiting Milla’s House winner, Stephanie Patton!
The painting giveaway generated over $3400 to date, for Milla’s House. That’s over twenty-six hours of professional grief counseling provided by your support. Milla’s House doesn’t bill families and relies on donations to provide this valuable resource to those families and their friends experiencing the loss of a precious life. Thank you for all your support of this campaign leading up to Children’s Grief Awareness Day.
10 things to know about Children’s Grief:
1. Grief is a natural and normal response to death.
2. Every person’s grief is unique.
3. Grief is not a disease.
4. Grief is a lifelong process that changes with time.
5. Children grieve differently than adults.
6. Children of different ages grieve differently.
7. Many adults who had lost a parent when they were young describe the death as the defining moment of their lives.
8. Grieving children and adults need support.
9. We grieve because we love.
10. Grieving children and adults don’t “just get over it” but they can learn to integrate the death (the absence of the one they love) into their lives.”
Palladio Home & Garden is continuing to support Milla’s House through Christmas 2019! With your help, we can hit $5000 in donations for the season. Donations and purchases of Good Grief stationery card sets and Voyage to the Star Kingdom children’s books will all bolster this total. Memphis is blessed to have Milla’s House, a unique institution providing grief counseling at no charge to grieving families.