Position Title: Showroom Assistant
Job Type: Part-Time
Hours Scheduled: 9:45am – 5:15pm
Division: Palladio Antiques / Palladio Interiors
Supervisor: Mindy Roberts
Effective Date: Open Until Filled
Support the retail operations of Palladio Antiques and Palladio Interiors in managing merchandise (placing, moving, loading, unloading, etc.); displaying merchandise (arranging, hanging, etc.); performing minor maintenance (replacing light bulbs, minor repairs to merchandise, etc.); painting of display vignettes; performing light housekeeping (trash removal, hazard clean-up); etc.
Personal presentation should be appropriately considered, for both the position in general and occasionally for the job to be performed. Keep in mind that the customers of Palladio Home and Garden represent an affluent shopper profile and are expecting an upscale shopping environment.
Assist in ensuring a safe shopping experience, securing showroom assets, serving customers, maintaining the pleasant shopping environment, etc. This position is occasionally called on to assist with lifting heavy garden merchandise in Palladio Garden.
The following requirements must be met or be able to be performed:
- Able to lift weights in the range of 50 pounds or more without assistance,
- Able to safely work from a ladder,
- Able to move quickly between stores that are 600 feet apart,
- Possess experience with use of light hand tools and electric drill,
- Have handyman experience or skills,
- Possess a valid driver’s license without having a moving violation within the last three years,
- Able to furnish proof of being eligible for employment in the U.S.,
- Dependable at being at work on time with a minimal number of absences,
- Able to work with up to six or seven showroom sales staff members and maintain a positive attitude,
- Able to prioritize tasks, stay focused on the job at hand, be congenial without being distracted with excessive conversation, work alone, and anticipate needs.
Customer Interaction Represent and act in the interest of Palladio LLC
Candidates should send resumes or employment history to Frank@PalladioMemphis.com