Autumn has nearly arrived in Memphis!
With the leaves beginning to fall, it’s time to switch up your seasonal home decor!
The oh-so-talented Showroom Consultants at Palladio Interiors are ready to inspire you with their DIY autumnal centerpiece!
We will walk you through this DIY process step by step, with lots of helpful hints, so you can make your own at home!
DON’T FORGET: our Showroom Consultants are “consultants” for a reason! They are always ready to help with any home decor issue you might have! Come on in, and together we’ll have your home ready for autumn!
Step by Step:
- Find your vessel – we are using a vintage wooden doughbowl
- Line your vessel – we used bubble wrap to prevent scratches; this is especially important if using live plants!
- Create lifts and levels – styrofoam or other household items help create visual interest with heights; no one will see this once your filler is in place!
- Use greenery for filler – we have potted ferns and individual magnolia stems that are easy to manipulate
- Add accents – here are two darling burlap pumpkins; remember to play with height and depth in your composition
- Choose an (Off Center) Centerpiece – we used a wicker pumpkin, but placed it at an angle, using a box to create height and stability
- Play with Color and Texture – we added smooth ivory pumpkins and yellow and red pears; always try to add accent pieces in odd numbers!
- Think Outside the Box – you are not limited to your container; we mixed greenery, a pumpkin, and a funky metallic antler for added drama
- Enjoy your DIY creation!
Visit us at Palladio Antiques, Palladio Interiors, and Palladio Garden to find unique containers, fabulous accent pieces, and all the materials you need to complete your DIY home decorations! Or find something stunning in our stores!